IEEE Region 8 EuroCon 2015 Conference
Special Session on
"Image and Signal Processing for High Performance Computing environments (ISP4HPC)"
September 8-11, 2015 – Salamanca, Spain
Call for Papers
The volume of information gathered nowadays in the fields of image and signal processing exceeds human thinking. In broad terms, to extract the information needed to help decision making, high performance computing system are needed. Applications like Earth observation via remote sensing (e.g. using hyperspectral images with hundreds of spectral channels) are particularly demanding from a computational standpoint. Different algorithms and techniques are used in this and related fields for image and signal processing over environments comprising from single machines using accelerators to large ICT infrastructures like grids, clouds, clusters and supercomputers. The goal of this special session is to bring together researchers in the fields of image, signal processing and high performance computing systems, hence establishing a forum for discussing challenges, new ideas, results, applications, and future directions.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Image and/or signal processing techniques
- Multi/hyper-spectral image processing
- High performance computing environments
- Image compression
- Classification and Segmentation
- Energy Efficient HPC Systems
- Data Mining and Searching
- General-Purpose computation on Graphics Processing Units (GPGPU) or Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA)
- Vision and Pattern Recognition
Submission link: Open submission page
Submission procedure: All the instructions for paper submission are included in the conference website.
Extended Paper Submission Deadline: 5 June 2015
Notification of Acceptance: 20 June 2015
Camera-Ready Copy Due: 30 June 2015
Early Registration: 30 June 2015
Conference Presentation: 8-11 September 2015
- Antonio Plaza, University of Extremadura, Spain.
- Abel Paz-Gallardo, CETA-CIEMAT, Spain.
- José Miguel Franco-Valiente, CETA-CIEMAT, Spain.
- María Botón-Fernández, CETA-CIEMAT, Spain.
- Miguel Ángel Guevara López, University of Aveiro, Portugal.
- Pedro Valero Lara, Basque Center for Applied Mathematics, Spain.
- Sergio Sánchez Martínez, Masdar Institute for Science and Technology, UAE.
- Sergio Bernabé García, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain.
- Jorge Sevilla Cedillo, Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal.
- Mihail Gaianu, Universidad Timisoara, Rumanía.
More info at: